Thursday, February 24, 2005

Think your job / study stress you out? - DON'T !

I spent my day with pleasure strolling down the city of Amsterdam, doing some last minute shopping for our beloved ones back home. As I came back, I went straight to my laptop and get connected to the web. There are several e-mails from some Londoner and Parisienne friends which brought me a very satisfying smile on my face. Soon after I find myself with a series of forwarded mails sent by my good friend Yusea, and the subject of the e-mail caught my attention: "NASA predicts Worldwide Holiday on Feb 1, 2019".

The contents were in fact: "We have about 15 years more......... so enjoy today as much as you can. Coz NASA predicts worldwide holiday on Feb 1, 2019 ... as the world is scheduled to end."

As sceptical as I usually am, I turned down the information and striving to have more confirmation by google-ing. I landed to several URLs that made me so overwhelmed with the extensive coverage of this issue. For instance NASA's website http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/asteroid_scare_020729-1.html covers both pros and cons as a response of this rumour. It was written, "Asteroid 2002 NT7 was discovered on July 9 and last week was determined by NASA to have six chances in a million of hitting Earth on Feb. 1, 2019."

I glanced out from my window to search for some inspirations. No one knows whether those six chances will be the biggest chances, or the contrary. Only GOD knows.

Then I came to think, here I am, fussing every second of my life about thesis, plans, career, family, and all those superficial 'life-oriented' schemes. Little did I know that, who knows, an asteroid will whack the world tomorrow, and ... bam, that's it! I'll miss out all the good things in life which I should've enjoyed when I'm still alive.

So let us think again... you think that your job or study stress the hell out of you? Don't sweat, 'coz we'll all end up dead anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger febs said...

whaaa??? why feb 1st? why on my birthday :(
but then again, either it's gonna be on feb 1 or any other date, I would say that only Allah knows all, and determines all... so as u said, we're gonna end up dead anyhow... but what matters is how to really make the best of our lives on earth (of course to reach for Jannah, the only destination we should have)...

*lah ini comment apa email... panjang beneeerrr* ;p

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home