Thursday, February 09, 2006

Girls Night In !

Last weekend my good friend Sarah - the Australian Young Ambassador that works for UNEP Bangkok, visited us and stayed over at our place. It seems to be so long since we see each other, albeit her visit in the hospital right after Aretha gave birth, which was 1,5 months ago.

It was good to catch up, especially since we couldn't get our daily dose of chatting like it used to be when we worked together at UNEP (we didn't actually work together, coz she's dealing with conserving the poor turtles while I dealt with shopping... um, I meant consumption... "sustainable consumption", more like). :-)

Sarah is one of my sweetest friend, she's very independent, witty, pretty (taller than most fashion top models as she is 179 cm tall! I wonder how the wind is up there!) ;-) She is also a determined person, and I believe her to be successful in all her future endeavours.

Anyway I've just got her e-mail and here's what she says:

"Hi beautiful Aretha = D Thank you soooooo much for having me over, I slept like a (um) baby!! So good to goss with you again, and to see your amazing motherhood skills in action...I am returning to Australia on 3 March to take up ajob in sunny Queensland, yay. Will have to meet you in the next few weeks before I run away! Lots of love, Sarah"

So here comes the part which I hate the most; goodbye! But it had been great to have known her, and although there's always be a "farewell" whenever there's a "hello", it's warming to know that a friendship is established and God knows what tomorrow has in store for us. We may cross paths again, hopefully!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home